1.09.2012

...Well This is Random

What if we all spoke the language of flowers?

Then we would know that this bouquet:


has white hydrangeas in it, and hydrangeas mean frigidness or heartlessness.  We would also know that this sunny little bouquet in a pot:


contains marigold, statice and aconite, which mean, respectively: pain and grief, remembrance, and misanthropy.  So what looks to be a happy, bright bunch of flowers actually tells the sad, sad story of a photographer whose cat got hit by a car and now he hates everyone.  Except people don't speak the language of flowers anymore, so the photographer's message, cleverly disguised as a stock photo of a very yellow backdrop and quite a lot of happy yellow flowers, remained unnoticed.


Maybe the next time you're asking someone to a dance or just feel like a dance party, give that special someone these:


viscaria, because these flowers are an invitation to dance.

However, if you're getting married don't get this bouquet:


because the yellow carnations mean disdain and rejection, and the yellow roses can mean things like  jealousy, infidelity, a broken heart, dying love, or extreme betrayal.  (The one white lily means purity.  Yeah, you can TRY and defend yourself with that one white lily, you crazy bride.)  Lovely addition to a wedding, don't you think?

Flowers aside, I just started classes last Thursday, and so far everything is going smoothly.  For once, I think I like all of my classes.  Even math, so far.  Let me just make sure I knock on wood so I don't jinx myself.

Christmas was grand, as was my holiday between semesters.  It was really, really quite nice to hang out with my family and not worry about homework and exams and papers and classes and all of that.

One of my favorite gifts, by far, was a little group of hand-thrown yunomi style tea cups and a beautiful bowl.


This is one of my tea cups.  It's so precious.  I get excited to come home and heat some water and drink tea all afternoon.

Other than that, I'm just hanging in here, beginning 2012 in a much more humble way than may seem appropriate for a drama queen like myself.  Let me assure you, it feels just right.

Oh.  And if you're not my friend on Facebook, or just missed all of my posts in your newsfeed (I don't know how you managed that), I have a website that you should take a look at.


I don't know why, but it's simply one of the funniest things.  Especially swaps like these:





That is all.  Go, wander, enjoy your day.  I'll be here with my tea, giggling at Disney Face Swap if you need me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...