5.10.2011

Travelin' Circus (That's me!)

Sorry that these blogs are so few and far between lately.  It's not that I'm doing anything (other than homework), it's just...  I dunno.  Haven't had anything to relate to you, I suppose.  At this point that still hasn't changed, but I might as well write something anyway.

So um well, my harmonica ought to be here today!  I'm REALLY EXCITED about that, actually.  It'll be especially excellent when all of my friends leave halfway through the term and I'll be on my own, because it'll give me something to do.  Me + harmonica = FUN, I hope.  I'll need to name him when I get him.  Yes, I have already decided that my harmonica is male.  I don't want to hear any dirty jokes about it.  :P

Well, what else?  I'm taking three classes this term, so it's a rather heavy workload, at least for a summer term.  Three classes into my Western Literature class and we're already halfway through The Odyssey.  I've read about  fifty pages a day.  Yeah yeah, not so bad considering I'm an English major, but still.  It's a lot.  Plus I have a class every single day that I need to do reading and discussion questions for.  My Intro to Social Work professor has been having some health issues, and we haven't had class for the past two class periods.  We're having class tomorrow though, which means back to 6:30am wakeup call for me.

I've got a friend who's in Guatemala right now for a study abroad, and I am unbelievably jealous.  She's posting stories about her day in the form of Facebook notes, and I absolutely love reading about all of her adventures in good ol' Guat.  Every time I read them, though, I get that twinge of jealousy.  It isn't making me sour, by any means, but I do wish that I could be there with her, even if I don't speak a lick of Spanish.  It sounds like she's having the greatest time and the coolest experiences, and I really want to have them, too.

In fact, I've got another friend who's teaching English to children in China, and he adores it, as well.  Can't tell you how many times I've gotten jealous reading his contraband blog posts from the People's Republic.  I feel the same way about his experiences as I do about my friend's experiences in Guat: I just want to be there with them!

Because of all this travel study, study abroad stuff that's going on, I've decided to make it a goal to go on a travel study/study abroad myself.  As much as I'd like to share my friends' experiences in China and Guatemala, a part of me wants my own experience, as well, in some place totally different.  The two I'm interested in so far are Ghana and England.  Can you imagine?  GHANA.  That's in AFRICA, bro!  And England, well...  I've always loved England.  You've seen that already.

I'm aware that it will cost a tidy sum to get me to either place by next year, and it will require some hard work on my part.  Still, seeing how fantastic my friends' experiences are, I really really really want to go off on my own adventure.  And I think that, if I make a commitment to myself to do it, I can do it.  I hope.

Well, I've got to leave in half an hour, and I'm hungry again, so I'm gonna go.  I hope you realize that I never even proofread these blog posts, so if this doesn't connect very well or make much sense, that'd be why.

Okay, time to go!  Keep your fingers crossed that my harmonica gets in today.  Adios, amigos!

She's in Guatemala.  Hope this is okay, Emaloo!

and he's in China!  Fist bumping little Chinese chirren.  :)

These are children in Ghana.  Yes, there is a naked bum.  DON'T BE AFRAID.

Jolly Old England!  (London, to be exact.)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...