5.15.2011

Elephant Shirt(cut)

I've been sitting at my computer for over an hour.

I just remembered that I have things to tell you.

Let me explain.  No, there is too much.  Let me sum up.
(Name that movie!)

This weekend, as opposed to the rest of my completely uneventful week, was chock-full of goodness.

On Friday, I did many things.  I went to class.  I soaked up some sun and sang to Elephant Shortcut songs...
wait, you don't know Elephant Shortcut?  Only my FAVORITE new band.  :)

Two-Toned by Elephant Shortcut...  I WAS THERE!

http://elephantshortcut.blogspot.com/  (I'm in the 2nd picture on the most recent post, lol)

So anyway, we were singing Elephant Shortcut songs out in the common yard where I live right now.  At the top of our lungs, at times.  And then?  Then we went to karaoke night at Franks, a little outdoor food place in town.

There it is!  Franks For The Memories.  It's adorable.

Karaoke night was drunk people and college kids, and no I didn't sing anything.  BUT I saw quite a few people there that would make great characters in a book.  There was the drunk cowboy who bit off the end of his Black & Mild, chewed and swallowed it, then proceeded to sing a drunken rendition of City of New Orleans.  Oh yeah, that's after he pulled out his harmonica (heck yeah!) and made some cacophonous noise with it that might have been an intro, if he hadn't been so drunk.

Then there was the guy behind the counter with the bright hat on and the "The Empire Strikes Back" t-shirt, who strode around with his spine straight and some pep in his step.  Something about his magnificent posture, portly build, military-sharp turns, and Star Wars t-shirt made him totally and completely awesome.  Ashbell and I couldn't stop laughing whenever he came out from behind the counter.  (Not that we were making fun of him.  We just thought he was a quality specimen.)

Oh, and I can't forget the girl falling out of her shirt that snorted every time she laughed.  She and her entire family got up and sang a song.  It was long and sometimes amusing.

Those were the characters that I saw at Franks.  Feel free to use them; I don't have them copyrighted yet.  ;)

After Franks, we went a town over to a late-night improv comedy show.  Why yes, it was funny!  That just about ended the night for me.  Saturday I did nothing with myself.  I can't remember a single thing about yesterday.

Today, I went to church, then came home and did some experimental dinner creating with Ashbell.  We got really excited with all of the spices we could put into our chicken and rice base.  It tasted pretty good, actually.  After that, Ashbell and I went for a walk up to the Fields, and we laid out on the soccer turf and took a power nap.  I love it up there, surrounded by the big green hills.

Crappy phone photo of us out on the field.
We went back to the house, made a delicious brownie cake, I washed a whole sink full of dishes.  I think it's my new favorite job...  I washed all of the dishes at my house, too.  

Weird.

OH!  How could I forget the double rainbow?  It started to rain soon after Ashbell and I got back from the Fields, and then suddenly people were yelling about a rainbow outside.  I ran out to find it raining, sunshiny-bright, and TWO rainbows were arching over our heads.  By the time I thought to take another crappy phone picture, the second had disappeared, but the main one was still as beautiful.

Oh.  Ashbell on the field.  :P
Ashbell with rainbow.  Epic, I think.
Yeah, so we made the brownie pizza/cake/whatever, then I came back here to "do my homework", and ended up writing a fun-filled blog instead.  I do that a lot, I've discovered.

Enjoy all of the pictures (of Ashbell), and the Elephant Shortcut video!  Adios, amigos. 





P.S.  Look what shirt I wore today!

Elephants.

1 comment:

  1. PRINCESS BRIDE PRINCESS BRIDE PRINCESS BRIDE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...