5.24.2011

The Awkward Blog

Hey there, internet!  How are you?  Dandy?  Swell?  Horrible?  Sorry if you're that last one.

I am pretty alright, myself.  I've reached the near end of my rope with these two-hour classes.  Good thing the first block is almost over.  Then I'll finish with one of the classes, and be down to two for the last month.  Unfortunately I still have to get up at 8, but I won't have any classes on Tuesday and Thursdays, which will be nice.


What have I done?  Well...  This week, I have:
-written a song
-started to learn how to play said song on the guitar
-danced in a thunderstorm
-adopted a dog for a night
-gone longboarding
-played the piano and harmonica


And it's only Tuesday!  Quite the successful week so far, don't you agree?  Right now I'm eating jellybeans and wondering what to do with myself for the next hour.


You probably want to hear my song.  Unfortunately, Gina is a very busy girl, and I can't play the guitar, so we haven't smoothed it out, by any means.  I really wrote mostly lyrics, anyway.  Basically, 'tis not ready to be heard.  I keep obsessively changing it and trying to perfect it.  It's looking to be a permanent work in progress, I think.


And no, you don't want to hear me sing it a capella.  


In other news, I want a guitar
longboard
job
excellent Southern accent
new pair of headphones
good singing voice
Pocahontas coloring book
tan
cabinet full of food

Don't worry, because if you paid attention to that list, the word 'job' was buried in there.  I want a job with which I can pay for all of these things, incrementally.  Also, add car to the long-term Wants list.

That's it, really.  Do you miss the way that I would go off on a preachy tangent about something?  Maybe I'll be in the mood for that tomorrow.  I'm much too tired tonight, although it's not even 11pm.


I made a present for you.  Sorry that it's so extremely... awkward and all.  I didn't have anything to tell you.

BUT SERIOUSLY.  Formspring.  Email.  Comments.  Some days I honestly don't even know if anyone reads this.  I can never tell unless I get feedback of some sort.  So, be a pal, press the 'like' button on this Facebook post or write a comment below.  Or, even cooler (major brownie points), formspring me or email me.  You can find my formspring and my email in the Q&A section.

Here's my big question of the week.  Just vote in the poll real quick (it's on the right).  VLOG or NO?

6 comments:

  1. The awkwardness make it irresistible! Next time mention the song in the background and why you love it, and maybe read something you've written. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute... okay question...hmmm...

    I kinda wanna hear a funny story, or strangest person you met this week or month or w/e... you know something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote yes! Awkwardness rules. Just keep talking about random stuff. That would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DO IT AGAIN. Here's a question you can answer: what does Dain do to get herself in the mood to start writing? How does it come about?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll say what made it interesting was the fact that you said more words (albeit the same words) in this vlog than I have ever heard you say since I met you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...