1.16.2012

ML...JK, I Have a Proposal

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day, all you Americans! Today, we celebrate one of the men who was at the forefront of the civil rights movement in the 1960's, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. If anything, you know him from his "I Have A Dream" speech or his "Letter from Birmingham Jail". If you're unfamiliar with either of those, I highly, highly recommend that you read them. King was a masterful rhetorician as well as a civil rights activist and father, and anybody can benefit from studying the words that he left behind.

But actually, I'm not going to talk about MLK today. I could easily take an entire blog post to talk about the many messages of Dr. King, as well as the example that he was and is as a man of solid conviction and forward-thinking social reformation. But I think that a blog is not a place for a history lesson, or a discourse on a person, no matter how famous they may be. My aim here on DAiNGER! is to entertain, and while some of you might find my thoughts on Dr. King interesting, I'm going to venture a guess that most would not.



On to other things!  Man, guys, I honestly don't know what to talk to you about.  Because, inevitably, this blog is me talking incessantly to, in my mind, a brick wall with a face graffiti-ed on it.  It's not a conversation.  There's no chance for you to talk to me except in the comments when I'm done, WHICH YOU HARDLY EVER DO ANYWAY SO

...but it's kind of amazing that 33 people have subscribed for updates on random, weekly rants from me.  I don't sell anything or give you beauty tips or comment on politics or entertainment.  I literally talk about myself and things that I want to talk about for minutes on end, and you read it.  I don't know why.  I may  never know.

That's why, this year I'm going to do something different.

This year, I'm going to let you do the talking.

"What??"
Yeah, you.  I'm going to try a little experiment and maybe this is daingerous but I think you're up for the challenge.

Over on the right is a pretty sailboat, which takes you to the Questions/Comments page.  On that page you'll find a form to fill out, and when you fill that form out it gets sent directly to my email and I can email you back if it's a question.  

I have a lot of cool friends, and I consider you guys the coolest because you read what I say, even when its nonsense.  So, I want you to help me write what you read.  I'm talking questions, prompts, things of that nature.  Do you draw things?  Scan something and send it to me and I'll dedicate a whole post to singing its praises.  Do you write stories?  Send me one and I'll talk about it until I'm blue in the face.  Do you want to know where on earth I find all of my gifs and why I'm so into them, anyway?  Ask and I shall tell.

I'll let you interview me or maybe, if you've got something good, I'll even let you take over the blog for a day.  You can choose the Songbird song and the topic and then you can go ahead and freakin' write it.  Right here.  Maybe you've got this super cool, step-by-step guide on how to make the most delicious waffles on earth.  I appreciate that.  I appreciate waffles.  I say that you share it!

Let's celebrate you.  I'm always preaching about everyone having a voice, so here's your medium.  I'll hand you the megaphone and let you shout into it.  I'll make a page dedicated just to my super cool friends and the things that they do.

If this all goes according to plan, then soon DAiNGER! is going to be crazy with activity.  We'll have book reviews and funny videos and philosophical discussions and art galleries all right here.  And, occasionally, maybe you'll hear from me.  :)

If you don't want me to know who you are (which is kind of shady, man), I have a Formspring where you can ask me things in total anonymity.

What do you think?  Good idea or bad?  Would you rather hear me prattle on for months and months on end?  Are you daingerous enough to accept the challenge?

And, you know, if you get your friends to follow my blog, that's just more people that will be around to hear you.  

Just sayin'.  

P.S.  Maybe I'll start holding contests.  Wanna win things?  I have... books... and paperclips...  I could draw you something?  Uh... I can send you a can of tuna...  Maybe make you a mix or... something....

Uh yeah so anyway.  HEAD OVER TO 'CONTACT DAIN', YOU DOLTS, AND LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD.

2 comments:

  1. you're a genius. also i want to win a can of tuna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I should probably just give you one because you're on Songbird this week.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...