1.30.2012

Let's Do This Every Day

I used to be so fun, didn't I?  Going back and reading things from last year, I realized that I wasn't always this needy and wordy.  We used to have fun together, you and I.

Let's do that again.

Here's a picture of me being really good at playing a wooden flute.




Now let me tell you about today.  It's about 50°, which I don't even care about because tomorrow is going to be 66°.  Yes.  Tomorrow is the last day of January, but Virginia is saying "I don't care, Winter.  You're going to be bright and lovely for Dain tomorrow, whether you like it or not."  Then Virginia is kicking out the January door and strolling into February.



I've eaten five granola bars in the past hour.  I just remembered that I heated water for tea half an hour ago...  Excuse me while I go reheat that.

I just had to wash all of the dishes in the sink because there weren't any clean cups or mugs left.   It's probably a good thing, though, because it's been getting kind of Bat Cave up in my room, smelling like stale popcorn and deep, dark secrets.  It's always dark in here, mostly because I'm a recluse who never goes outside except for classes and do-or-die errands.

I think I'll hold a dance party tomorrow.  You're all invited.




(Six.  Make that six granola bars today.


Birthday shout-out to Lily Potter, who would've been 52 today.  Happy Birthday, Lily.


Two irishmen walk past a bar.


This tea goes down like honey nectar sweetjuice.


I'm writing letters.  Anybody want one?


I never do homework until the very last moment.  Instead, I play around on my blog or Stumbleupon or Facebook.


From Natalie Goldberg's Writing Down the Bones:
Push yourself beyond when you think you are done with what you have to say.  Go a little further.  Sometimes when you think you are done, it is just the beginning.  Probably that's why we decide we're done.  It's getting too scary.  We are touching down onto something real.  It is beyond the point when you think you are done that often something strong comes out.
That's life, everyone.  Push yourself further even when things get scary.  Do not ever stop.)


If you ever wanted to know what it's like in my head, it's kind of like this.



Hopefully this helps you understand why my blog posts are all over the place.

Have you had a good day today?  I hope so.  If you're in Virginia, get ready for the best day of January tomorrow.  I'm going to be researching cool blogs over the next few weeks to make the DAiNGER! experience even better, so if you've got a favorite blog to read or even just check on occasionally, post it in the comments or tell me somehow and I'll go check it out.

Dain, out.


P.S.  Check out the right sidebar!  See that bright yellow box?  Yeaaaah boy, that's right, Dainger went and got herself a Twitter!

2 comments:

  1. now i feel like comments are mandatory because you know i'm looking anyway. either way. you know i would comment.
    I LOVE YOUR HOME BUTTON.
    and you.
    bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I feel bad about telling you that. You're not obligated to do anything, I promise.

      Thanks. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...