7.28.2011

Here Are Some Things For You

I'm sorry that I'm not exactly on schedule.  I had to wait for some photographs to illustrate exactly what I've been doing.

Last time I told you about the beach, no?  Well, this time the adventure was even MORE exciting.

WE WENT TO THE ZOO.
YOU HEARD ME.
THE ZOO.
We also took many pictures for your viewing pleasure.
I'd say the best part of the zoo was getting our faces painted like children.  I was a bobcat, apparently, although I settled for any type of large cat if people asked me about it (which they did).  After the zoo, we went to Tony Luke's (oh, right, we went to the Philly Zoo) and got some darn good cheesesteaks.  They were wonderful.

Glorious bobcat paint and a glorious, delicious Philly cheesesteak.

That was on Monday.  Tuesday, I went to an Asian food market, made some Tom Kha Gai (I think), and played video games.  Yesterday, I saw Captain America in 3D, then Thor and X-Men First Class.  Film overload, I think.

Today, guys, I don't have anything to say.  Shocker, I know.  And, because I don't have anything to say, I'm going to show you some pictures.

I collect pictures.  Not physical photographs (although I collect those too), but just random things that I find on the web.  Lots of them are places that I'd like to go or things I'd like to do, but all of them are either beautiful to me or amusing in some way.

I have a LOT of pictures, and I find more every day.  I don't know who took these pictures and I don't use them for anything other than something to look at, so I don't think I'm breaking any laws.  If I am, well gosh darn it I'm a rebellious kid, and I don't think I'm doing anything wrong so I'm going to keep doing it.  Here are some things for you.

Click on a photo to see it in a higher resolution.



Aurora Borealis from space.









This one makes me laugh.  I hope I have a kid like this.  I'll call  them Little Glass-licker.






Audrey Hepburn.




These are moths.  Yeah, seriously.  See?  They're all headed to the light in the bottom center.  The photographer just held the shutter open for a wee bit to catch the trails.



I don't have a well-thought out reason for liking all of these photographs.  It's just an emotional thing: if I like it when I first see it, I save it to my computer.  I don't think about it, use all of my photography knowledge and say "Oh I like this because of their use of rule-of-thirds" or some malarkey like that.  For me, it's beautiful or funny.  If it's not for you, that's fine.  Agree to disagree.

I was going to do a Photo of the Day page or something like that, but I didn't think anyone would be interested.  So, maybe I'll do posts like this every once in a while.  If that's alright with you.  That way, you can't ignore it.  ;)

Cheerio!

P.S.  hahaha whoever Googled "children 'naked bum'" and reached this site, you're either awesome or a pedo.  I hope you're the former.

2 comments:

  1. I love photos. Photos of the day would be AWESOME. Also, omg zoo. WHY ARE ZOOS SO FASCINATING AND SPECTACULAR?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do a photo of the day. That would be rad. Yes, I said rad. Those are amazing pics. You seem to be able to find cool photos much easier than me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...