1.23.2012

Songbird Stories

I just wanted to explain to you really quickly this idea I'm trying out.

If you haven't noticed, on Songbird I've been trying to write little song critique things, to tell you why I liked the song enough to share it with you.  Problem is, I don't want to write those things, so I've come up with a (hopefully) better idea.



Do you like stories?  Well if you do, that's good, because every... whenever I feel like it, I'm going to write a short story about the Songbird song.  Not about the lyrics, unless I really feel inclined to, but just a story that comes to me while I'm listening to it.

All you have to do is read, or don't.  I've put it as an option at the bottom of the Songbird page.  There's some big red text that says 'THE STORY', and if you click on it, the story will pop up beneath it.  You can listen to the song while you read, or just listen to the song, or just read the story.  I don't care what you do.

Hopefully, you'll like this better than things I've done before, and I know I will because I need to start writing again.

This week the story is a little long, I'm sorry.  Don't expect every story to be written in the same style, by the same narrator, or the same length.  It all depends on the song.  And don't think that every time I write in first person ("I"), the narrator is actually me.

And that's all I have to say about that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...