9.21.2011

Let me reintroduce myself. Dain. Delicious Dain.


I've been stuttering through my last few attempts at a blog post, which is why it's taken me so darn long to finally pin one down. I'm sure you're not that upset.

For some reason, I feel like I need to introduce myself. Again.

I'm Dain. I'm nearly-20. I have blond hair and freckles. I'm relatively thin and of average height. I'm extremely pale. I've never been tan in my life. I don't feel particularly bummed about that.

I'm an English major. I know I'm an English major because I have the ability to be extremely socially awkward when I so desire, and because sometimes I let big words and strangely articulate phrases pop out of my mouth. Only an English major would say "strangely articulate phrases".

Never be intimidated by me. Ever. I am much too nonsensical and and generally weird to be intimidating. If you're in my presence for more than five seconds, you'll agree. I'm awkward.  I accept that.  I love it.  It's disarming for you, because you realize I'm not one of those prepossessing women who are magnanimous, graceful, and otherwise virtuous and ladylike.  It's nice for me because I don't feel any need to conform to any rules of ladylike behavior or regular social interaction.  I'm just as ostentatiously word-nerdish and queer as I can get away with.

A very important question that I think I should start asking everyone is, "do you like to dance?"  Dancing is one of my favorite things.

Don't think that I'm saying I'm any good at it.  I'm not.  If you told me to dance for you right now, I'd flail and maybe even hit you in the face.

I like dancing because it is an exercise in letting go.  People who are afraid of what others might think of them don't dance.  Dancing is scary.  Dancing is emotional and intuitive.  Dancing in front of people, with people, is even scarier.  Are they judging the way you're flailing?  Are you half a beat behind the music?

Music is also very important to me.  I love it.  I collect it.  I have a diverse collection of music on my computer, and things from nearly every genre.  One of the highest compliments I get is "can you recommend some music for me?  You've got such good stuff."  I absolutely love to do that.  I love talking music.

The world is a pretty big place, if you haven't figured that out by now.  It's pretty and big and full of people who know things that we don't and do things differently.  I love learning about different cultures.  I love hearing different languages, even if I have no idea what's being said.  I think it's extremely important to strive to educate yourself about the people and cultures that share this earth with you.

I blog once every few days.  If you're new, you'll figure this out pretty quickly.  I don't hold back very often. As much as I adore England, I haven't inherited their stiff upper lip.  I'm an emotional person, and I'm an open person.  I tell you things that might seem rather personal or rather strange in a public blog, but I mean for them to be there.  When I hold back, it's because I don't want to be too much of a bother to you.

I like being alone.  I'm okay with it.  I like to watch people when I'm alone, and study their walks, their interactions with others.  People are fascinating creatures.  Don't be weirded out if I notice things about you or I ask bizarre, personal questions.  If anything, take it as a compliment.  I'm paying attention to you.  I'm curious about you.  I want to know more.

For whatever reason, I felt like that was necessary.  New school year, maybe.  New people who haven't been submitted to the never-ending sprawl of my hectic blog posts yet.  Now you have.  Ha ha ha ha.  There are more to come.

"NO MORE, MAKE IT STOP"
^^^ There will also be more of these.  Don't worry.

Feel free to go back through the archives and read up on some of the things you've missed, or block this website from your computer and never come back, ever.  It can be your little secret.

ADIEU!  Until next time:


Goodnight!  :)

2 comments:

  1. This was so YOU. Take that as the best compliment in the world, because I love you just the way you are (insert sappy love song here). Fantastic, Dain. And I whole-heartedly agree about the oddly artistic/articulate phrasing. It is what makes English majors loveable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RECOMMEND TUNES TO MEEEEEE. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...