3.17.2011

It's Saint Patty's And You Should Be Happy!

Today has certainly been the best Saint Patrick's Day that I can recall having in a very long time.

I made sure to be well-equipped for the day.  I wore my Ireland Rugby shirt (for little boys):

my lucky Irish boxers:
cont'd...


and the shoes that climbed an Irish mountain with me.
I'm wearing them.  If you can see them.  I love these shoes with my whole heart.  Oh, also, this is Beck, Agri and I standing over the Prime Meridian.  Am I looking at another camera?  Yes.  Yes I am.
It was the little bit of Ireland I had, but I wore it all with pride.  Nothing makes me happier than remembering one of the greatest experiences of my life (thus far).  

Okay, okay, so it wasn't perfect.  I felt awful in my first class, and had to run out clutching a leaky nose.  I honked away in the bathroom for ten minutes before I forced myself to return.  By the second I was somewhat under control, and even managed to take notes.  My third class was where it all became fantastic, because, in honor of this holy day, someone brought in brownies and cheesecake cupcakes.  

The brownies were still warm.

That's how fantastic that all was.

Then there were all sorts of green things for lunch, and some fantastic cornbread, and I came home and had a present from the Pants Fairy (aka my wonderful roommate).  Then I took a nap that went on longer than I had intended, ate fried chicken and pie and two ice cream cones for dinner, feeling like a deliciously repugnant, fat American.

Plus, the weather was simply gorgeous today, not too hot nor too cold.  AND I got a letter in the mail!  Now someone tell me how a plain old Virginia day can get any better than that.

It can't.  At least, it hasn't been this good in a while.  I'm happy.  You should be happy. Saint Pat's is only the best holiday in March.

And for all of you grumps that didn't wear green today, I hope that somebody pinched you.  

:P

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...